Monday 2 March 2009

An advert in Mslexia - Gold Dust


Gold Dust: Need help with your novel/memoir/biography or screenplay?

Would you like help from a writer whose books you love such as Michele Roberts, Janes Rogers, Louise Doughty, Jill Dawson, Romesh Gunesekera, Kate Pullinger or Sally Cline?

How many have your heard of? Do you get to chose?

Mentoring scheme offers 10 hours of individual consultation usually spread out over a year. Meetings takek place in London, Oxford, Manchester or Cambridge. In between times, your mentor reads your work in progress for a further 10 hours.

Fee: £2000

Ohdeargod. That's £100 an hour. Nice work if you can get it. In fact, if there's anyone out there who would like me to mentor their work under the same conditions, meeting in Dublin, novels, short fiction or poetry. I'm not so good on plays or screenplays. Please contact me! Seriously. I need the money. I'm being laid off in June (aargh!)

Gold Dust all right.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Oh blimey, sorry to hear you're being laid off.

That is a heck of a lot of money, although I do know someone who's had great results with them. I couldn't afford it though!

Padhraig Nolan said...

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you could hook up with your local arts org and set up a workshop? I doubt you'lll get 100 an hour - but you might be able to sort it out as an earner in advance of june?

Emerging Writer said...

Thanks. But a workshop every month or so is not going to keep me in gin...