Tuesday 5 August 2008

Performance Poets


This sounds really interesting on BBC Radio 4, Wednesday nights 23:00. Some recorded at the Latitude festival in Suffolk. Includes Aoife Mannix, a Dublin poet living in London, Cat Francois, Byron Vincent.

Deconstructive Wasteland has some good articles on poetry at Latitude.

I'm a little daunted by performance poetry though I will be performing myself soon, so I have to get over it. Come and see me at Electric Picnic. And be kind. I need to do some memorising too, I think.

Are they always humourous? Often rhyme too, probably easier to memorise.

4 comments:

Over The Edge Literary Events said...

Hello Emerging Writer,

Very interested to see you'll be reading at the Electric Picnic soon. Might see you there.

All the best,

Kevin Higgins

Poetry at The Electric Picnic

Poetry Ireland in association with The Electric Picnic, Leviathan 2 and The Word presents

John Corless, Kevin Higgins & Máighréad Medbh

at Stradbally House, Stradbally Co.

Laois

at 3pm, on both Saturday, August 30th AND Sunday, August 31st

http://www. electricpicnic. ie/html/theword. html

Group 8 said...

Oooh, what a great gig to get. I'll be at the Picnic so I will come and see you. Is it the Spoken Word Tent? Do you have a scheduled time?

Liz said...

Best of luck at Electric Picnic - would love to go but I think it has been sold out this past while or so the sites says anyway...wonder if one could loiter
and hope to slip in! ; )

Emerging Writer said...

Thanks for dropping by. I'm a roving poet at Electric Picnic - The Poetry Divas, no stage, no time, just as the mood takes us. More details when we've worked it out. Meanwhile, any tips?

Liz- And you may find they release more tickets just beforehand to dissuade touts so keep your eyes open.

It'll be a great gig. Next stop Glastonbury!