Friday 9 March 2007

Poetry Ireland Introductions

Went to my monthly writers' group and went through my short story for Seoige and O’Shea. I will update and post out the earlier the better as I expect they will be flooded at the last minute and I don't want to get lost in the rush - assuming they read at least the first page of each one. Getting over 4,500 words without being stodgy is tough for me. I expect they will choose a range of stories for the eventual Poolbeg publication - 14 in all, I believe.

I told the group about my reading in Poetry Ireland Introductions series April 3rd. 6:30 pm which is a little early to get into town if you won't work in town. 5 poets reading.

Be there, it'll be interesting. May be the start of something new. Who knows. The Original Print Gallery near Temple Bar square.

No comments: